Ich schlage Folgendes vor...

merge changesets

I observe parts of the OpenStreetMap to get notice of changes within "my" area.
Today the first time the OSM-user "wheelmap-visitor" appears in these notices as an actor - four times in the same minute.

Creating such much changesets for simple changes like these is a lot of effort to check back (for other users) and a lot of overhead for the database.
I assume it's a usual case that a user here at wheelmap.org contributes to a few POI within a small area. It would be great to merge these changes to a single changeset using some kind of caching.
A changeset may stay open in OSM for several hours; so it should be no problem to do that even with wheelmap.org.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jongleur1983jongleur1983 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Christoph BünteAdminChristoph Bünte (Admin, wheelmap.org) responded  · 

Now the changeset stays open and we save the last changeset to our database. In case another change is made by the same user, this change is used, unless it has been closed automaticall meanwhile.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DeepblueDeepblue commented  · 

Obviously this is still a problem. Please REOPEN and fix this issue.

• jongleur1983jongleur1983 commented  · 

Again, Changeset 7771250 created by wheelmap-user is very big.
        Either that's a bug in the "one changeset per user" logic Christoph talks about in his completion statement of this bug, or that logic is not useful.
        Changes in wheelmap are independent of each other usually. Please add logic to restrict the geographical area affected by one changeset (to e.g. approximately one city - let's say e.g. 5x5 km)

• dygituljunkydygituljunky commented  · 

Please submit changesets for smaller geographic areas. I monitor changesets in the Atlanta, Georgia, USA area via an RSS feed and frequently see wheelmap changesets that overlap my monitoring area yet there are no actual changes within my monitoring area. This makes it difficult to monitor for vandalism on the map data.

• jongleur1983jongleur1983 commented  · 

halfway solution...
        Merging changes to changesets is a good point, but either wheelmap doesn't properly identify single users, or some users change items across large areas.
        As examples compare the changeset 6308379 of Nov. 7th you can brows here:
        http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/6308379

This changeset spans a very big area.
        I got notice about it because parts of the changeset are in my notification area, where I get notice about every change taken.
        That's a good way to be able to check back edits of other users with my local knowledge - but it's useless to get notice about arbitrary changes around the world.
        The current tools have the drawback of not being able to intersect the changed area with a user defined area of interest; so I have to browse more than 800 nodes in this case to find the ones I am able to check it's correctness.
        It would be nice if you could merge nodes inside restricted areas only to changesets.

Feedback and Knowledge Base