I suggest you ...

Change the Pharmacy symbol internationally

(it ist still the German "Apotheke" vs. green cross)

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FlorianFlorian shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  holgerdAdminholgerd (Admin, wheelmap.org) responded  · 

You are right, we are not able to localize icons right now. We may add that in the future, but apart from the development we also need the correct icon designs. It may take a while. If you can help with the designs, please contact us.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris ParkerChris Parker commented  · 

While 'Die Apotheke" is definitely German, it is recognisable all over Europe. At least, im from the UK and I recognise it fully and see how close it is to other signs used over Europe. The question is how recognisable is this sign in North/ South America, Asia, Australasia and The Middle East?

I don't feel that basing the logo on the German Apotheke sign is a problem, but I do feel the logo needs a redesign. Why? It is just a white cross. Is that a pharmacy (Apotheke) or hospital (Krankenhaus )? Maybe have a thin white border around the outside of the cross to show pharmacy (Apotheke) since that is closer to the image of the sign. Alternatively, the two serpents and bowl of poison logo would work well as that is a very well known international sign. Having said that, if a cross was for a hospital and the serpents for pharmacy (Apotheke), would that still be confusing?

I think this might be an issue which needs deeper discussion than a single comment from a user.

Feedback and Knowledge Base